Health Topic: NHS Organ Donor Register
Have you considered joining the NHS Organ Donor Register?
Did you know:
- You are more likely to need a transplant than to become a donor.
- UK Transplant maintains the NHS Organ Donor Register and provided a 24-hour service for matching and allocation of donated organs. UK Transplant want to get another 1 million people on the NHS Organ Donor Register during the year-long programme of activities to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the register.
- Fill in the organ donor section when you register with a GP
- Pick up an organ donor leaflet from your doctor’s surgery
- Use the tick box on your driving licence application
- Use the tick box when you apply for a Boots Advantage Card
- Call the Organ Donor Line on 0845 6060400
- Join online at www.uktransplant.org.uk